Independents Workshop-Getting Started and Keeping Going16th September 2011
A workshop day aimed at those considering a move into independent social work or established independents in need of encouragement!
Working in partnership with Dains LLP, BASW are pleased to provide a series of workshop days run by Helen Ogilvy and Gail Tucker, two highly experienced independent practitioners and two of the editors of BASW’s recent publication ‘When the Going Gets Tough – Are You Tough Enough?’’
The workshops aim to
• Provide practical information about what is involved in being an independent practitioner from both the professional and business perspectives
• Explore some of the risks involved and how to manage them
• Consider what is required to develop a stable and ethically-sound practice
• Give you some insight into different types of independent practice and settings
• Put you in touch with a network of independent practitioners
The day will be a blend of presentations, workshops, plenary discussions and the opportunity to network with like- minded colleagues. It may be counted as part of the post-registration training and learning requirements for registered social workers.
To view a copy of the programme, please click here.
BASW members: £118.80 (inc VAT)
Non BASW members: £174.00 (inc VAT)